Ribs, a favorite in my house by one and all! The only thing while thinking about making them, at least for me, they have to be super tender and have some heat and a little sweet going on. Now with that said, in order to get that tender, juicy rib we all love, that means low and slow cooking. I know some of you have the latest love which is the pressure cooker, which actually my mom used back in the day and was terrified of it!! I just prefer the low and slow, put in the oven, walk away and come back about 6 to 7 hours later to pure enjoyment! I have been making ribs forever, I always use a dry rub to start just because I think it makes a huge difference in the flavor of the meat. You can finish these off on the grill but really even when I tried to take a picture for this blog, they just fell apart, so tender! Just heat the sauce up, brush on and either broil for just a couple minutes or you can just serve the sauce on the side. My husband is not a huge fan of a lot of sauces, but come on who does not like peaches and whiskey! I only made one rack here but depending on how many racks you make you may need longer cooking time, I also cooked these on convection which I feel gets better all around cooking. Try these, you bring these to any table and I would bet that all your people will love them! Enjoy!
- 1 large rack good baby back ribs
- Marinade ( dry rub ) put on at least 8 hours or over night
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon of each, cumin, garlic powder, garlic salt, smoked paprika, crushed red chili flakes
- 1 tablespoon honey, drizzle over
- Be generous with kosher salt and pepper, about a teaspoon and ½ each
- 2 tablespoons good olive oil
- Rub all the ingredients all over both sides of the ribs, again if you are making more than one rack then adjust seasoning
- Peach and Whiskey Glaze
- ½ bag frozen peaches, of course you can use fresh, about 4 peaches, just make sure they are really ripe and sweet!
- 2 tablespoons Jack Daniels whiskey
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon molasses
- ½ teaspoon ground ghost chilis, these are spicy, pull back if serving kids! ( the Whiskey is fine ! ) Ha!
- 1 large clove garlic chopped fine
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon fresh grated ginger
- 1 tablespoon orange juice
- 1 tablespoon water
- Kosher salt and pepper to taste, about 1 teaspoon each
Preheat oven 275 degrees, wrap ribs in double foil, let come
to room temp before putting in oven, put in middle rack and low and slow cook!
Once out of oven let set for about 15 minutes before taking out of foil. Either
brush glaze on, finish on broil or serve it on the side for the ribs.
Peach and Whiskey Glaze
Put all the ingredients in sauce pan, cook on low heat till
all ingredients come together, their flavors marry and the peaches start to
break down, once cooled use an immersion blender and blend just till you have
what looks like a thick jam, keep warm, spread on ribs and finish with a quick
broil or just serve on the side with the ribs! Again adjust this recipe to the
mount of racks you are making!