Mom’s No-Bake Fresh Strawberry Pie is one of those desserts that just takes me back to my childhood. I love strawberries, all berries actually but I think strawberries are my favorite!
When I was growing up in Kentucky the season for strawberries was short, so when they started getting ripe we would start picking and putting them in as many recipes as we could think of!
The strawberry season in California is much longer and most places have them year round, but I feel in season is when they are at their best! I also think for this recipe it’s best if you put the whipped cream on each slice as you eat it so it’s nice and cold!
You can make the crust homemade of course but I think the berries are the star of this pie, so let them shine!! Pile them high, I think 3 pints are plenty again pending the size of the berries you may only need two? This pie is easy to make but makes such a statement! Enjoy MY MOM’s Strawberry Pie!!
For the Pie Filling
- One pie crust, store bought, good quality such as Pillsbury, bake according to package directions ,let cool.
- 3 Pints fresh strawberries, wash and cut depending on size of berry
- ¾ cup of white sugar
- 2 tablespoons strawberry Jello
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon red food color
- 1 cup water
For the Whipped Topping
- 1 pint fresh whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- ½ small orange zested
For the Pie:
- Mix all ingredients together from sugar to water, cook on medium high till thick and comes to boil, let cool 15 minutes
- Mix with strawberries, pour in baked, cooled pie crust and top with whipped topping!
For the Whipped Topping:
- Mix with hand held mixer till stiff, dollop on each piece of pie.
This pie should refrigerate for at least 3 hours before serving and best eaten the day its made!