This Salad is so fresh and light! I love to use citrus when in season and even in California the really good blood Oranges only are around for a short while! I also love goat cheese, I discovered this honey goat cheese and its now my go to for most times I make salads. It just adds a creamy, sweet bite and pairs perfect with the more peppery arugula. I also love a good heirloom tomato, the yellow are my favorite, and the baby red ones. You could also add walnuts, toasted to this, makes it a little more hardy, also a protein say a chicken breast or bacon and you have a full meal. Make this beautiful, colorful citrus salad, you will love it!
- 1 package fresh arugula, organic if possible
- 3 blood oranges, sectioned, no seeds, no pulp
- 2, yellow firm heirloom tomatoes, cut in sections
- 1 log of honey goat cheese
- 1 small shallot diced small
- 1 Meyer lemon juiced
- Use the juice of the blood oranges as well
- 2 teaspoons Balsamic vinegar
- Good olive oil about 3 tablespoons
Mix all first 4 ingredients together
Crumble the goat cheese to desired size
In small mason jar mix and shake the shallot, juices from the lemon and blood oranges, and the balsamic vinegar then drizzle slowly the olive oil into the vinegar mixture, shake and pour over salad, season with salt/pepper to taste.